Monday, May 26, 2014

I don't get dressed anymore

As long as we are being random, I have a new manifesto: I don't get dressed anymore. Which is not to say that I don't wear clothes...I just don't wear "outfits"..or make any serious attempts to be fashionable on a daily basis. Leggings, sneakers, and a loose top that covers the derrier = that's the outfit. Leggings have changed my life and, perhaps more importantly, my attitude. It makes me more willing to do a housework, tackle projects, and go up the stairs a little faster. It also makes me more excited for times that I do get dressed, like for a date night or something. I don't get so sick of my clothes or feel the need to buy as much. And if people see me out and about I feel less pressure about what I'm wearing because they probably assume I just came from working out--and sometimes (but not always) they are correct. I am generally a happier person being more comfortable, more willing to move and expend less mental energy on looking a certain way.

I also am obsessed with my new armband iphone case and microphone headphones that let me bring my music with me throughout the house..or talk on the phone hands-free while I fold laundry. It seriously makes me so happy.

Also, I really want these leggings:



4 comments:

  1. I think that makes so much sense. There is nothing worse then picking up a room in a tight pair of jeans.
    I am also relieved that you are still wearing clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree! And yes please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok we will make this happen. I feel really strongly about this. The color of those leggings is completely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete